June 21, 2022
Congressional Hispanic Caucus to Host Press Conference with the Dolores Huerta Foundation and Local Advocacy Organizations after Farmworkers Policy Roundtable
WHAT: Press Conference Following Farmworkers Policy Roundtable
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chair Raul Ruiz, M.D.
- Senator Alex Padilla
- Dolores Huerta, Dolores Huerta Foundation President, and United Farm Workers Cofounder
- Giev Kashkooli, United Farm Workers 2nd Vice President and Political/Legislative Director
- Anissa Perez, Personal Story
- Additional speakers may be announced
WHEN: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at 11:30 a.m. EST
WHERE: House Triangle, U.S. Capitol
BACKGROUND: The Congressional Hispanic Caucus (CHC) will meet with leading national and local advocates for farmworkers, including Dolores Huerta, President of the Dolores Huerta Foundation, on Wednesday, June 22.
The policy roundtable is closed to the press, but following the discussion, at 11:30 a.m. EST, CHC Members, and national and local organizations will host a press conference to summarize their conversation and call for the passage of the Farm Workforce Modernization Act.